p

Friday, August 27, 2004

Right On, Mr. President

President Truman once said:"If I knew how much packing I'd have to do, I'd have run again."

That's so true! Not that I'm not excited to be going to college (I am. Trust me.), it's just that this past week has been consumed with trying to organize my stuff for the move to Northwestern. Who knew being me required so many accoutrements? Actually, everyone who knows me probably knew that, I just don't like having to acknowledge that fact.

My room is so small too, I'm unsure as to how I managed so much stuff into it! And what's more is that, even now, after I have what feels like the equivalent of a small country packed into our cars... my room doesn't look bare. It's as if nothing's missing! I'm curious as to where all this stuff came from.

It is quite possible that it may have come from Super Target, as I think I've been there every one of the past four days. It's really quite an amazing store, for those of you who haven't been there. It definitely managed to amuse Debs and I for hours on Thursday.

My life has been fairly boring as of late, I don't really have much to report. The other day, desperately seeking a diversion from packing, I actually did Kristen's homework assignment. Not for her...nope, I just went ahead and completed the assignment as if I was a student in the class along with her. (PS: it's posted on my xanga, if you feel so compelled to read it). I also spent two hours trying to coax Sarah's toga into a flattering design. Completely pointless exercise if you ask me...theirs' were even uglier than ours were last year. (Is that even possible, you ask? I didn't think so...but apparently it is). Catie and I had a Sex and the City marathan/gabfest one night last week. I got my haircut yesterday etc etc etc etc. I haven't even managed to do anything embarassing lately (save the instance in which I actually emailed Kristen's teacher my "homework" and told her how much I loved her assignment . . . hey! It was late at night!!).

Hopefully debate camp and the nerds I meet there will provide plenty of interesting stories from Sunday onwards. PS: I get to travel a ridiculous amount for debate, we hit up every one of the big ten schools in the first couple of months, and then go onto Emory, Harvard, Yale, Wake Forest and Smith the second quarter. So, watch out, it's Serena, coming to campus near you... lol.

Oh! Quick thing, the best part of my week has been getting phone calls from all my friends @ college. . . even though they've just been really quick updates. I miss you guys alll so much and it's so sweet of you to call to say hi even though you're ridiculousy busy. Hugs to Lucy, Tara, Char, Meryl, Anna, Anubhav, the Asian Posse and the ABCs, Ashish (happy birthday babe) and Rajiv. MWAH! Miss y'all tons and bunches!

ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home