p

Monday, August 16, 2004

weekend in boxers

this weekend shaped up pretty well in the end. girls' night, with eight hours straight of sex and the city was amazing (plus cheesecake...and chocolate....). although, as a random sidebar, has anyone else noticed how distinctly unsexy the sex scenes in that show look? instead of making me turned on...i just always want to laugh. the groping? the awkwardness? the random animalistic grunting noises? riiiiight. i mean, yea, that's the reality of the act (now that i think about it) ... but maybe sometimes, cameras are best left outside the bedroom. just a thought though.

char and i had an amazing talk that night, well after everyone else had fallen asleep. just about relationships, love, sex, drinking and everything in between. it's funny that i almost missed out on being friends with her. i keep reiterating that fact, but it is funny. so many friendships (romances too actually) this summer have come out of nowhere and just blindsided me with their intensity. debs, char, tara, sully, jon, dave. . . etc. whatever twist of fate brought them all my way, i'm incredibly thankful for.

so then saturday (actually, more like sunday morning around four) was just amazing for so many reasons. many of which i will leave unsaid as this is a public blog, and those details are probably only for my girlfriends. lol. but anyways, suffice to say, house parties rock. although, to be honest, 99.9 percent of the time, the whole "party" atmosphere: the lots of people, superficial conversations and small talk stuff ... just aggravates me. i usually end up cordoned off somewhere, deep in conversation with one person (which is what happened this time too).

sunday i relearned how to ride a bike as i haven't been on one in eons and i need to bring one to school. (i am still sore in unmentionable places --- i think i need a seat that is softer than granite!) but yes, you should applaud me: i went on a two hour (ish?) bike ride without falling over even once. my friend catie went on a 520 mile bike ride last month, but in case you didn't get the memo... you should still be prouder of me ;).

sunday i also went to jill's grad party (i got to go after all). i hadn't seen her in forever, so that was definitely worth the drive out there and the ensuing fight with my parents about always being out of the house. i've noticed something though, whenever i go to parties for my friends in which i'm the odd person out, the only one who didn't go to their school, or who doesn't know anyone else at the party...for some reason they feel no remorse at leaving me alone in a room with people i don't know. i guess they assume i'll fend for myself. as a result, i spent a lot of jill's party (family only) deep in conversation with her mom, her grandma. her family is adorable, so i didn't mind, but the fact that my friends just assume that i'll be fine always amuses me.

since i didn't get any sleep either friday or saturday, sunday night was devoted to sleeping. i think i crashed for like 12 hours straight. and that, ladies and gentlemen, was my weekend. the highlight had to be my friend rajiv's phone call though: he called me saturday morning and we spoke for about five seconds before he dashed into work for the day. and then, he called me back saturday night and told me that normally he was really grouchy in the mornings at work but that today (saturday) he was all smiley and cheerful, so much so that his coworkers all asked him why he was in such a good mood. he told me that he thought about it all morning and that he realized he was so happy because he had heard my voice first thing in the morning. (collective aww). i don't know why i put up with some of my guy friends' behavior when i have friends like rajiv! they don't even call me! lol. suffice to say, he's a sweetie!

anyways, there you have it. my weekend in boxers. (boxers because: a) that wasn't brief and b) who even wears whitey tighties anymore? no one i know!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home